The National Testing Agency manages the CSIR UGC NET exam on behalf of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research to select candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship in Indian Universities and colleges.
It is important to have a clear mindset in order to crack the CSIR NET on the first attempt. Practice online with BYJU’s Exam Prep to practice CSIR NET question papers which highlight the strong and weak areas and amendments can be made accordingly in your preparation strategy. This article will highlight the key differences and how to approach and clear the CSIR NET exam in the first attempt without coaching.
CSIR NET Preparation Online Strategy: Some Valuable Tips for preparing CSIR NET at Home
Tip No. 1: Know and Memorize the CSIR Syllabus and its parts comprehensively.
- The candidates who aim to clear the CSIR NET in the first attempt always thoroughly read and memorize the syllabus.
- The candidate should always make a list of topics regularly coming into the exam.
- The candidate should have a comparative analysis of all the syllabus topics based on the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The candidate should have a printout affixed in front of the study table. Always cross out the topic completed satisfactorily. Completing a topic from the syllabus gives additional motivation and a sense of achievement.
- Always memorize the syllabus to keep the target in mind at all times.
Tip No. 2: Understand CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern
- The candidate should be well informed of the exam pattern, selection process, and recent questions coming in question papers.
- The candidate should know the time duration, the marking pattern, and the correct way to attempt the question paper.
- The candidate should gain overall clarity of the CSIR NET Exam regarding important dates, application procedures and other relevant information.
Tip No. 3: CSIR NET Effective Study Techniques
Without any study technique and methodology, the candidates find it extremely difficult to qualify for the CSIR NET Exam.
- Develop a habit of making notes for having a better understanding of the subject. Make notes in your handwriting for remembering it at the time of revision.
- Note the critical points covered in the chapter, prepared from the reference books, directly in the revision notebook. Making notes will help save time in reopening heavy reference books.
- While getting clarity on basic concepts and fundamentals, ensure to understand the topic and then do the mugging up activity.
- The candidates’ notes will help them to organize the essential topics in one place. The candidates should read multiple books to prepare the best answers for questions coming in the question papers.
- The candidates should use diagrams, flow charts, bullets, and boxes while making notes to memorize the topic efficiently and effectively.
- Always prioritize the notes according to the analysis of the question papers. Try to cover up the portion which covers the entire syllabus.
- You can also refer to online preparation apps such as BYJU’s Exam Prep to get expert guidance and prepare for the exam in the best manner.
Tip No. 4: CSIR NET Reference Books
- The candidates should try to procure all the fifteen books recommended for the CSIR NET Exam.
- If the candidate is finding difficulty in getting hard copies, then procure the e-copies of the book.
- The candidate should not hesitate to buy the books or get hold of good study material as investments in education pay the best interests.
Tip No. 5: CSIR NET Exam Updates and Form filling procedure
- The candidates should always avoid the embarrassment of not filling up the exam form.
- The typical excuse every candidate provided is they missed applying because nobody informed them.
- Subscribe to various competition websites for getting emails and notifications of the critical dates of the CSIR NET Exam.
Tip No. 6: Solving Previous Years CSIR NET Papers
- Previous years papers give a clear idea as to what types of questions are asked in the exam.
- Ensure procuring lots of previous years papers to do good practice and note the changes that happened over the years.
- Previous years papers helped in trimming down the topics to be covered in the syllabus.
- Previous year papers also help the candidate in analyzing the framing of questions and getting clarification concepts accordingly.
Tip No. 7: CSIR NET Mock Test Paper practice
- The candidates should regularly practice the mock test to enhance accuracy and minimizing errors.
- The candidates should be honest with themselves. They need to attempt the paper sitting in the examination hall and within the time limit.
- The candidates should solve mock test papers daily to have better time management on exam day.
All the Best! Stay Connect with us on our education blog.