Mathematics is a wide and important subject. It’s something that one will require throughout their life. The concepts and theories are universal and have real-life implications. It is very important to learn and understand the concepts of mathematics well because they are very helpful. There are various concepts and ideas in mathematics like algebra, equations, invertible matrix, and functions, etc. Apart from that, it helps in various aspects-
- It helps a person in widening their analytical and decision-making skills.
- It helps in maintaining discipline in a person.
- It opens more career opportunities for a person.
- It is a universal subject and remains the same everywhere.
- It helps a person in managing their finances.
A matrix in mathematics is a rectangular array of primary numbers that are organized in rows and columns. Matrices can be added, deducted, and increased however with various guidelines. While adding and subtracting, it should be ensured that the matrices are of the same size. Matrix is used to solve algebraic or linear problems in a better way. It is also used to represent graphically. Thus, a matrix helps in organizing data better and operate operations on them. Each number in the matrix is called an element. Matrix is not just limited to addition, subtraction and multiplication. Many other operations can be performed on the matrix. Thus, the matrix provides a vast range of operations and is playful to work upon.
There are many types of matrixes-
- Square matrix-
It is the one in which the number of rows and columns are equal. It is a symmetric matrix.
- Column matrix-
It is a matrix in which there is just a single column.
- Row matrix-
It is a matrix in which there is a single row. All the elements are there in that row
Importance of studying matrix-
- With a matrix, the calculation becomes easy. It helps in dealing with various organizational problems. For example, in the case of the dance group, the matrix can be used to arrange the members for coordination purposes.
- It is widely used in physics. There are many operations related to circuit, battery, energy flow that requires matrix and operations.
- It is also used to study trends in a business. it gives a clear picture of the numbers making analysis easier.
- It is also used in construction to gain precision and accuracy. It is used to get an idea of the structure of the building to be made.
- Even in encryption of data and for coding and decoding, matrices are widely used.
- In the designing of a 3D space, a matrix plays a very important role. The matrix is converted into objects.
Rules related to operations on matrix-
- When performing addition, add every component in the first matrix is added to the comparing component in the subsequent grid.
- When performing deduction, take away every component in the second grid from the comparing component in the primary grid.
- Expansion and deduction necessitate that the grids be similar measurements. The resultant matrix is likewise of a similar measurement.
- In the case of matrix multiplication, it is possible to multiply them only if the number of columns in the first matrix is equal to the number of rows in the second matrix.
It is very important to ensure that students are all well taught about mathematics and are clear about the concepts and theories. There are many mathematics websites Cuemath that have content and practice questions to help students in practicing and know more about the concepts. These websites help in the holistic development of a person by giving them more questions and more challenging exercises to strengthen the concepts of mathematics and to sharpen the mind of the students. Another way is to watch online videos because visual images and explanations can stay in mind for a longer time and recalling them is also easier. Thus, there are many fun ways of understanding mathematics and they should be applied for better understanding.