Enhancing iOS App user experience with Apple ARKit
Standing ahead of the curb becomes an easy affair when your iOS app succeeds in engaging users with your services. This is because improved interaction with users generates reliability on products and an improved brand image. So adapting to technologies that provide the scope of better interactions with users via iOS app development services is a must.
Recently, for this, the popularity of technologies such as Augmented Reality has skyrocketed. Industries such as eCommerce and gaming have embraced AR in multiple ways for enhancing their interactions with users. So, to make the integration of AR smooth affair, businesses often hire iOS developers.
With this article today, we will be journeying about how AR can help your business provide better navigation, iOS app interaction, and an improved brand image. However, to truly understand the benefits of Augmented Reality, let us first understand what is AR and how it works in an iOS development environment.
What is AR?
Augmented reality helps users experience the digital augmentation’s interaction with real-life scenarios through their digital screen. One of the most popular uses of Augmented reality was its inclusion in the Pokemon Go game.
Difference between AR & VR:
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality are both amazing concepts that can be implemented to efficiently enhance the user’s experience. However, they are often intermixed with one another, making business decisions regarding these two a confusing task. The major difference between AR and VR is that VR creates its virtual environment whereas AR used the visual, audio, and sensory simulation of the real world and enhances it by adding its elements to it.
How to Use AR in iOS Application Development
To enable iOS app developers in including AR in their development process Apple provides its own ARKit. It also consistently updates the ARKit to include new and unique features for enabling developers in creating modern and business-specific iOS apps for their business. Below is the detailed timeline of ARKit’s evolution and what it can help merchants to achieve in their iOS app development process:
- The first ARKit was released in 2017 and came with a featured demonstration to empower developers in adapting to it.
- ARkit 3 is in of the most significant versions of ARKit releases. It included improved 3D object detection and integrated machine learning. Further, ARKit3 also provided front and back camera tracking.
- LiDar and ARKit 4 also came with amazing features to further allow developers in enhancing the UX by using AR. It includes 3D environment mapping which detects objects up to 5 meters distance and provides instant results. Further, ARKit 4 also introduced Depth API, which allowed LiDAR on 4th generation Apple devices.
- ARKit 5 is the current version of ARKit which enables faster object detection, wider area coverage, and improved performance.
Advantages of using ARKit
From the discussion till now, it is clear that ARKit comes with multiple unique features that can empower merchants in enhancing the UX of their iOS application. However, before jumping right into ARKit implementation, it is crucial for merchants to understand its advantages. Below is a detailed list of advantages of using ARKit for iOS application development:
Advanced Motion Tracking
ARkit uses VIO which is used alongside core motion data and data generated from camera sensors to create an accurate environment. Further, VIO also processes data much faster this enables merchants in providing both accuracy and speed in their iOS. In the long run, this makes navigation through the iOS apps a much easier process and helps merchants in enhancing the UX.
Realistic Virtual Objects
The virtual objects must look realistic to ensure a smooth user experience. For this, with the use of ARkit, the developers can easily sense the light of the user’s surroundings. Further, apply the same effects of the light to the virtual object to provide a more realistic experience with the technology. As a result, the ARKit implementation provides users enhanced visuals for easier navigation.
The ARKit operates on Apple A9 and A10 processors. These processors enable the faster detection of the real environment using sensors. Further, it also generates instant images and results which adds up to the improved UX.
Third-Party tools integration
The ARKit could also be easily integrated with amazing third-party tools such as Unity and Unreal Engine. This allows developers to draw clear detailings in the AR applications and provide more visual depth as well.
Example of AR implementations
AR can enhance the navigation for multiple applications and a number of industries can benefit from its implementations. Below is a detailed list of AR implementations on a variety of eCommerce industries:
- Gaming: Gaming is one of the most popular industries using Augmented Reality. Games like Pokemon Go and The Walking dead extensively use AR to provide users a unique navigation experience.
- eCommerce: eStores such as Home decor sellers also implement Augmented Reality to provide users visual idea of the look and feel of the product. This helps buyers in making a better purchase decision and provides merchants with improved conversions.
- Navigation: Augmented Reality also makes navigation much easier and hence it is used largely in navigation apps as well. It provides real-time information regarding the physical location which allows for faster and improved location tracking for users.
- Education: Educational apps also use AR technology to provide users information in an interactive way. With the help of AR learning for users becomes a fun experience for students.
- Data Visualisation: Data Visualisation plays a key role in providing users easy to understand and readable data on various topics. With the help of AR, visualizing data and sharing it amongst users has become much easier.
Augmented reality can be used in multiple ways for enhancing the user’s experience and representing products and services at their best. Further, with the help of ARKit for iOS app development merchants can easily implement Augmented reality in their business. ARKit ensures better app interaction in iOS devices. Further, it also guarantees that AR implementation provides high quality of visuals and faster performance to the target users as well. So, adapt to ARKit for implementing Augmented Reality in your iOS app today to achieve higher profits and sales.