Netgear routers are one of the most popular networking devices among users. Due to the advanced and user-friendly features, their demand is increasing as everyone wants high-speed internet throughout their home with minimum hassle. Netgear routers are easy to use, but still sometimes users find problems while accessing Netgear router login page. Not only that, they may come across different types of issues that they can’t able to fix. Issues like slow internet connections or can’t update firmware are some of the common issues which may emerge during the login process. We suggest users change the WiFi channel of their Netgear Routers before performing any other troubleshooting method. As it can minimize the interference in the internet network and resolve your slow internet issue. For your ease, here we are giving you brief detail on how to change Wireless channel of your Netgear Router. Just go through the below-mentioned steps:
Steps to Change WiFi Channel on Netgear Router
- Firstly, you need to connect your Netgear router to the power source.
- Turn on your Netgear Router.
- When you see the green light blinking on the router.
- Turn on your computer.
- Then, you are required to open an Internet browser on your device.
Important Note: Always use an updated version of your Internet browser.
- Now, you are required to go to the address bar and enter the default router URL into the address field.
- Press the Enter key.
- Netgear router login screen will appear.
- You are required to enter the Netgear router login default username and password and click the Log in button.
Important Note: For Netgear Router default username and password, refer to the user manual which has come along with the product at the time of purchase.
- Once logged in, routerlogin.net setup wizard will appear.
- Then, browse the cursor to the Settings menu.
- You need to choose your region by clicking the Region option.
- Now, browse the cursor to the bottom and look for the settings of the band you want to change the WiFi channel for.
- Once found, click the channel number you want to select from the channel menu.
- Then, click the Apply button to save the Wireless channel settings.
- Finally, your router’s WiFi channel has been changed.
Important Note: You can also perform Netgear Genie login using the default IP address.
By going through these steps, you can easily change the WiFi channel of your Netgear router. But, sometimes, users face issues while changing the WiFi channel. If so, here we providing you with some crucial information which might help you fix the errors which you may encounter.
Unable to change WiFi channel?
- You need to make sure that your Netgear router is plugged into a power socket that is not damaged.
- You need to ensure that you are getting high-speed internet without any issue.
- Always prefer to use an updated version of your Internet browser. Sometimes using an old version of a web browser can cause issues.
- It’s necessary to keep updating your Netgear router’s firmware to its latest version. Using an old version can cause trouble or even affect the speed of the Internet.
By switching the wireless channel, you can resolve interference issues that you might be facing and also boost up the speed of your Internet. Hopefully, this information will be beneficial for you when it comes to change the Wireless channel and minimizing some minor issues in this process. Leave a comment if you find this information useful.