Have you always wanted to experience the spirituality of the Umrah journey? If so, this might be your time to start planning your Umrah trip so you can feel the soul-lifting experience. Umrah allows you to be closer to Allah Almighty and get on the right path. If you are a UK citizen and are curious about how to perform Umrah from the UK, we are here to help you through the process.
Umrah is a spiritual journey and, therefore, requires proper planning and preparation. If it is your first pilgrimage, you might need help from a reliable local Umrah agency. Also, you can take guidance from any family member or friend from the UK who has been to Umrah before.
We are also here to help you throughout the process and ensure a smooth journey. So, if you want to know everything vital for your spiritual journey, this step-by-step guide is perfect.
What are Your Visa Options as a UK Citizen?
As a UK passport holder, you will have two visa options for performing the voluntary pilgrimage.
- Umrah Visa
The first option to come to your mind when considering going for an Umrah might be the Umrah visa UK. This is because it is the standard visa that Saudi Arabia issues for Muslims worldwide who want to travel to the region to perform the minor pilgrimage. It is a single-entry visa.
But for this visa, you must contact your region’s Saudi Embassy or Umrah travel agents. This is an extensive process, which is quite time-consuming.
- Saudi Tourist eVisa
The Saudi tourist eVisa is a more advanced and convenient option. As a UK citizen, you can perform religious activities like an Umrah with this visa. It enables you to visit the holy cities and explore other regions of Saudi Arabia. You can easily apply for this visa online.
The application process for this visa is quite convenient. Moreover, it only takes 24 to 48 hours to issue the Saudi tourist eVisa. This is ideal if you want an urgent visa or don’t want to go through the extensive and frustrating Umrah visa application process.
Airlines and Flights Flying from the UK to Saudi Arabia
After deciding what type of visa you want, you will have to decide about your flight, too. It is essential to choose the right airlines and the right flight type to ensure that you have a memorable journey. First, you must browse various flight types or classes to see which suits your needs and budget best. You will have to choose from the below-mentioned flight classes;
- Economy Class: If you have a tight budget, you can get the most standard flight, economy class. You get the most basic services in economy class, including standard entertainment and meals. The type of services can vary from airline to airline.
- Premium Economy Class: This flight class is slightly more comfortable and pricey than the economy class. You get more space and legroom in this flight class than the economy class. Other services will be a little better, too.
- Business Class: There is a significant difference between the two flights mentioned above, classes and business class. In this flight class, you get many luxurious services and a more private space.
- First Class: This is the most expensive and luxurious flight class in all airlines. In this flight class, you will get a private space in the air, like an apartment.
Once you have decided on the type of flight that you want and can afford, you will have to choose the airline too. Many airlines offer flights from the UK to Saudi Arabia. Some of these airlines include;
- British Airways
- Air France
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- Turkish Airlines
- Gulf Air
- And many more.
Get the Ideal Umrah Packages from a Reliable Travel Agency
If you want to focus more on getting yourself spiritually and mentally ready for the journey and want someone to take care of all the bookings, you must choose a professional travel agency. Islamic travel agencies offer budget-friendly, custom and other types of Umrah packages.
Therefore, it is important to carefully select a Ramadan Umrah package that includes all the necessary services for your trip.
Learn About Umrah Rituals
The main Umrah rituals include;
- Ihram: The state in which you have to perform the pilgrimage.
- Tawaf: It involves circling the sacred house of Allah Almighty. Seven rounds make one Tawaf.
- Saee: This rite includes walking between the two sacred hills of Safa and Marwah seven times.
- Tahallul: It is the last ritual in which you exit the state of Ihram and cut your hair.
Ensure you learn about these rituals and do your best to perform them according to all the rules to get maximum rewards.
Umrah is a sacred journey, and preparing for it adequately is very important. This makes everyone wonder how to perform Umrah from the UK to get the best rewards and have a memorable journey. We have listed the basic things that you must know about if you are going for an Umrah. But there is a lot more that you must learn to have an unforgettable experience. Visit micro tech filtration for more interesting articles.