How can I crack the IBPS RRB Exam through self study?
IBPS RRB is an annual national-level banking exam conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for candidates aspiring to join the Regional Rural Bank (RRBs).
The exam fills 12,500+ vacancies in the banking sector. In 2021, 8.6 lakh candidates appeared for the exam. This brings the acceptance rate down to 1.45%, which means extremely high competition.
Some students don’t clear the exam even after preparing for 10 months, whereas some qualify with only 4-5 months of rigorous preparation.
So, it depends on the person and how they approach the IBPS RRB exam preparation. Here are some tips on how to prepare for IBPS RRB 2022 by yourself:
Tips to Crack IBPS RRB Exam Through Self Study
- Increase your reading speed through simple techniques like the Pointer method, the Tracker-and-Pacer method, and others.
- Improve your calculation speed by memorising multiplication tables, squares & cubes, fractions, and percentage shortcuts.
- Learn to study efficiently; explore how to make useful notes, take productive breaks, create a conducive learning environment, revise well.
- Alternatively, you can also follow BYJU’S Exam Prep to get assistance for notes, study materials and other preparation materials for the exam.
Get an overview of the exam.
- Familiarise yourself with the exam pattern. Note things like the exam duration, how to mark the answers, whether the rules allow a sheet for rough work, etc.
Check the number of questions and the type of questions asked. Understand the length, breadth, and depth of the syllabus.
Review previous year’s question papers and identify the topics asked repeatedly. Find out which topic carries how much weight and plan your studies accordingly.
Plan your studies to match the real scenario.
- Take mock tests under time-bound conditions to replicate the actual scenario. This will habituate your mind and body with the exam’s setting and will keep you relaxed and comfortable during the actual test.
- Teach the topics to a friend. This increases your clarity on the topic.
- It is normal to feel bored, lazy, uninspired, and that’s okay. Take quizzes, solve riddles, and play learning games to make the process engaging.
Don’t keep English for later.
- English is simple if you study it regularly from the start.
- Learn grammar via books like Wren & Martin and Elements of Style.
Focus on tense; active & passive voice; simple, compound, & complex sentences; noun, verb, adjectives, and other components; and different ways of constructing a sentence.
- Read the newspaper to stay updated with current affairs and to improve your vocabulary.
Create a study pattern.
- Create a study-test-revise pattern; strengthen your basics, along with important concepts.
- Study each topic from multiple notes; explore it from multiple angles.
- One month before the exam, only solve question papers. Read explanations of the questions you get wrong.
- Keep revising and solving question papers till three days before the exam. Give the remaining time for the information to settle.
- Take regular breaks. Include play time with friends & family in your daily schedule.
- Before going to bed, take 15 minutes to revise what you studied throughout the day.
- Sleep in multiples of 1.5 hours (3, 6, 7.5, 9 hours).
Take care of your mental and physical health during studies.
- Meditate and do breathing exercises for 10 mins, thrice a day.
- Exercise, stretch, and move your body daily.
- Create a separate, quiet, and pleasant environment for studying.
Be enthusiastic about the exam.
- If you get anxious a few days before the exam, go for a jog. If you’re nervous, tell yourself you are excited, and you will give your best.
- Go to bed early, as you might have trouble falling asleep because of excitement.
Do your best and don’t worry about the outcome.
- Clearing exams is not the most important thing; improving your knowledge is.
The point of any exam is to test your understanding of the subject. If you study with an aim to better your knowledge, solve real-world problems, help people, and add value to society, you won’t have to worry about cracking an exam.
In this endeavour of education, BYJU’s Exam Prep helps you in every way. Try taking mock tests with BYJU’S Exam Prep to amp up your preparation. They will assist you with all the resources you need to study on your own.
Stay Connected with our education blog & education write for us