How to Secure Netgear N300 Extender’s Network?
Today, the internet has become one of the basic necessities of human beings. So, millions have set up Netgear N300 extender in their homes to access a blazing-fast internet. On the other hand, hackers are hell-bent to break the security of peoples’ WiFi network and access personal information. Therefore, users try various methods to secure their extender’s WiFi network.
If you are also seeking a solution to prevent your WiFi device network from being attacked by unauthorized users, then walk through this article. Here, we will guide on you how to keep potential risks away from your Netgear N300 extender’s network. So, read on.
Best Ways to Secure Your Netgear N300 Extender’s Network
Use Strong Password
When you perform Netgear extender setup, it is recommended to change the default login password to something more secure. If you secure your extender with a strong password, it will be difficult for hackers to crack it.
Follow the guidelines given below to set a strong password for your Netgear N300 WiFi extender:
- An ideal password for your Netgear N300 extender is a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Try to use both uppercase and lowercase characters .
- Avoid using sequential numbers or characters as it is easy for hackers to guess them.
- Above all, do not set your name, spouse’s name, or phone number as Netgear N300 extender’s login password.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Whenever a new firmware is launched for any Netgear extender, it not only fixes bugs but also improves the security features. It means performing Netgear extender firmware update will prevent your WiFi device from vulnerable threats. Therefore, you should update the firmware of your Netgear N300 extender regularly.
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to perform Netgear firmware update by accessing the mywifiext.net login page:
- Turn on your Netgear N300 extender by plugging it into a working wall socket.
- Make a hardwire connection between your WiFi extender and router.
- Thereafter, open a web browser on your PC and download the firmware file for your Netgear N300 extender.
- Once done, open a new tab and type www.mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, enter the default username and password of your Netgear N300 extender in the required fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will get redirected to the Basic Home screen.
- Now, go to the Advanced menu and click the Administration option.
- Click the Firmware Update option.
- Browse the firmware update file on your PC.
- Select the file and upload it.
- As soon as you click the Upload button, your Netgear N300 extender’s firmware update will start.
Now that you have updated the firmware of your device, it means you have added security features to it. .
Disable the SSID Broadcast
Another way to secure your Netgear N300 extender’s network is to disable its SSID (network name) broadcast. When you hide the network name of your WiFi device, it will no longer be visible to others. Thus, it will be difficult for unauthorized users to connect to your Netgear extender’s network.
Follow the steps given below to disable SSID broadcast on your Netgear N300 extender:
- Log in to your extender using www mywifiext net n300.
- On the Basic Home screen, click Settings.
- Select the Wireless Option.
- The WiFi Settings page will appear.
- Now, clear the Broadcast this Network Name (SSID) checkbox for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- Once done, click Save to make the changes effective.
In this way, you can hide the SSID of your Netgear N300 extender and prevent its network from being accessed by unauthorized users.
Quick Tip: Besides following the aforementioned tips, you should also keep an eye on new devices that you are trying to connect to your network. It will make it easy for you to identify a suspected device.
This was all about how can you secure your Netgear N300 extender’s network. We hope that you’ll follow all these tips and prevent your WiFi extender from vulnerabilities. Thanks for reading this article.
click here for more articles