Discover the basics of SEO Link building strategy
Putting it simply, link building is the process of obtaining links back to your website. SEO Link building service should be part of the marketing strategy for all business owners and marketers because it drives referral traffic and increases the authority of their websites.
What are the benefits of building links? Despite being complex and constantly evolving, Google’s algorithms still use backlinks to determine which sites rank for particular keywords. Links are a signal to Google that your site is a high-quality resource worth being cited, which is one of the many tactics used in search engine optimization (SEO). Consequently, sites with more backlinks are more likely to rank highly.
To build links to your site, however, there are right and wrong ways. You should only engage in natural link building if you want your site to remain viable in the long term. This means earning links rather than purchasing them (sometimes called black-hat SEO, a practice that can get your website banned from the search engine results).
It is, however, a difficult, time-consuming task to build natural, organic links. An authoritative link, such as one from the Wall Street Journal, will boost your ranking on the SERPs more than an uninformative link, but good links are harder to come by.
Using this guide, you will learn how to build quality links that will aid your organic ranking without violating Google’s guidelines.
In order to achieve high organic search rankings, SEO Link building is imperative.
How Link Building Can Help Your SEO
Google ranks web pages based on how many links they have. According to Google:
A webmaster can improve the rank of his or her site by increasing the number of high-quality sites linking to it.”
Suppose that we own a website that promotes the equipment used in wind turbines that we sell. This is a direct competitor with the company we represent. Link popularity is one of the ranking factors used by Google to determine how to rank our respective pages.
In spite of the fact that the above example demonstrates, in a very basic way, why link building is important, it does not go into much detail. For example, it fails to mention:
- A link’s authority and trustworthiness.
- Optimisation of search engine optimization and content on the respective sites.
- Links incoming have anchor text.
Detailed explanations of PageRank can be found in the following resources:
- The original PageRank
- A detailed explanation of the PageRank formula
- Here is the Wikipedia page about it
If you can get external websites to link to your content, you stand a better chance of having your content rank higher for keywords you’re targeting, as Google states.
Links to Your Site: Simple Strategies To Attract Other Websites
In order to generate links from external websites to yours, you can use a variety of link building techniques:
- The creation and promotion of content – Provide people with engaging, unique, high-quality content that they will want to reference and link to. The only way for your content to be found and linked to is to spread the word!
- Review & Mention – Showcase your product, service, or website to influential people in your industry, such as well-known bloggers or social media influencers.
- People You Know & People You Work With – Encourage your friends and co-workers to link to your website. The relevance of links matters; links from sites with which you share common interests or niches will be more valuable than links from random, unrelated sites.
Building links takes time, so be patient, and remember that shortcuts like purchasing links are against Google’s guidelines and could be detrimental to your search engine optimization. You don’t want to risk it.